Greyhounds are becoming an increasingly popular pet option for a number of reasons.
More and more Australians are becoming aware that greyhounds not only boast a placid nature, but they are excellent companions that don’t require a lot of exercise and are happy to spend most of the day sleeping.
An increasing number of people living in and around Melbourne’s CBD are adopting greyhounds as pets as they are extremely well suited to apartment living.
Here’s some facts you may not know about greyhounds as pets…
- they require little grooming
- they are quiet and rarely bark
- they sleep for around 20 hours a day
- most greyhounds only require a 15-minute walk each day
- they can make great jogging companions (but will require some training to increase their endurance)
- they are cooperative, adaptable, placid and affectionate
- they are suited to living in many types of households including some apartments and properties with small yards
GAP is committed to ensuring that all of its greyhounds are adopted into homes that are well suited to the greyhound and the new owners. While GAP will always strive to achieve a perfect match from the outset, all adoptions are subject to a three-week trial period. This means that if the greyhound is not a good fit for the home, the greyhound can be returned to GAP for a full refund of the adoption fee during the trial period. Further, GAP provides a life time return policy, which means that any GAP greyhound can be returned to GAP any anytime during its life should the adopter not be able to keep it.
So if you are thinking about getting a pet dog, please consider giving one of our beautiful retired greyhounds a home.
Click here to apply for greyhound adoption